FSSAI – CHIFSS
FSSAI – CHIFSS collaboration on Food Safety Sciences
FSSAI has joined hands with CHIFSS (CII-HUL Initiative on Food Safety Sciences) with the purpose of driving activities related to science based food safety in the country, to strengthen protection of consumers and create an innovative environment for the industry. This pioneering partnership plans to promote collaborations between Industry, Scientific Community, Academia, Key Opinion Formers and Domain Experts with FSSAI to co-produce food safety as a shared responsibility.
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between FSSAI and CHIFSS on 24th June, 2016 on the occasion of the launch of the CHIFSS. This pioneering initiative will drive and disseminate food safety on science based risk analysis in India and work towards improving food safety through fact and data based technical briefs, FSMS guidance documents and on-line training programs.
- Activities undertaken till March 2018:
- Delivery of FSMS guidance document for different kinds of business including bakery, edible oils, ice-cream, ghee, jams and buffalo meat.
- Developed training manuals for the FSMS implementation in the bakery sector.
- Organized 3 FSSAI-CHIFSS Public Lectures on food safety by noted experts in the field.
- Organized 1 Master Class on “Sampling for Determination of Food Safety Elements Thresholds in National and International Regulations”.
- Organized 1 Technical Workshop on “Importance and Application of Quantitative Microbiology and Microbiological Risk Assessment for Effective Food Safety Management”.
- Organized 1 Technical Workshop on “ Development and Implementation of Food Safety Management System”.
|Scope of work||View||Download|
|MoU between FSSAI and CHIFSS||View||Download|
CHIFSS website http://www.chifss.in/
Events: Technical Workshops
FSSAI - CHIFSS Roundtable on “Reducing Foodborne Illness: Strengthening Surveillance Capabilities and Epidemiological investigations” Supported By- American Society for Microbiology dated 27th April’2018 at FSSAI, FDA Bhawan, FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road, New Delhi-110002.
FSSAI-CHIFSS-NIFTEM Technical Workshop on “ Development and Implementation of Food Safety Management System ” on 21st-22nd Feb. 2018 and 27th-28th Feb. 2018 for NIFTEM students.
Venue: NIFTEM, Plot No. 97, Sector 56, HSIIDC Industrial Estate, Kundli, Sonipat, Haryana 131028
FSSAI-CHIFSS Technical Workshop on "Importance and Application of Quantitative Microbiological Risk Assessment for Effective Food Safety Management"was held on dated 6th December 2017 at FSSAI, FDA Bhavan, Kotla Road, New Delhi.
- FSSAI-CHIFSS Technical Workshop Brochure. (PDF, 517 KB) (Uploaded on: 22.11.2017)
- Introduction to Modern Food Safety Management. (PDF, 1 MB ). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
- Microbiological Risk Assessement use in Public and Private Context. (PDF, 1 MB). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
- MRA tools and applications (PDF, 2 MB ). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
- Quantitative Microbiological Tools and Applications. (PDF, 6 MB). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
- Case Study. (PDF, 644 KB). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
Events: Public lecture series
Video (Link) - https://youtu.be/vR5u3qVgzlY
PHOTO GALLAERY : http://www.chifss.in/gallery.html